Diary of Mommy Satin’s First Hatch

Just an update on Chickie Two.

I’ve been searching up thread related to weak chicks. It seems somewhat a common occurrence for late hatchers to be sickly.

After hatch, I mostly left her under mom. She can stand, albeit still quite wobbly. Took her out twice to feed her electrolyte via an eye dropper.

The rest are already much bigger, I hope she makes it, but I’m not too hopeful.

Since day 2, I’ve fed her egg yolk diluted with a bit of electrolytes. she just started drinking on her own, so that’s exciting.

Today is turning out to be a nice warm day, so i momma and babies get to be outside again.

Here is Two falling asleep in the sun.

197DD06D-1E78-476B-987B-44A49A640E28.jpeg

Well guess who stepped in the waterer?

She was doing great, walking around drinking and pecking at stuff (i havent seen her eat yet) then mostly sleeping in the sun for the past 6 hours.

Then i hear a whole load of chirping... from a half wet chickie Two.

I figured it was a good opportunity to give her that long awaited bath. She fell asleep in the bath, lol.

9BB2D7C6-CAD3-42CE-8E45-D8486090A143.jpeg

Well guess who stepped in the waterer?

She was doing great, walking around drinking and pecking at stuff (i havent seen her eat yet) then mostly sleeping in the sun for the past 6 hours.

Then i hear a whole load of chirping... from a half wet chickie Two.

I figured it was a good opportunity to give her that long awaited bath. She fell asleep in the bath, lol.

View attachment 2721341
I sure hope chick 2 makes it!

Day 4 - feathers!

They grow so fast. Pardon me struggling with the 1 handed photography 😬

First born #5
37BB2F20-1A97-43FF-B21A-11EC83D528F7.jpeg

and Second born #6
5A5A1094-AF5C-4DE3-9313-740306FB2B06.jpeg

Thirdborn - #1
571AAA28-E725-4E36-BE8E-DF211D89CD1A.jpeg

6 and 1 were pretty much hatched around the same time, but for whatever reason 6 has more feather development

fourthborn #3
2DACCAAE-C325-4D85-9C48-2CEB652E20A3.jpeg

5th born #4
537EB2DC-E121-45EE-A145-6DF70CA45F43.jpeg

4 ended up being born quite a few hours after 3, but also has more feathers.

Any guesses on gender?

Day 5 - Two’s farewell

Two passed away.

I woke up this morning and heard distressed chirping from the nursery. Some time during the night Two got knocked out from under mommy onto her back and couldn’t right her self again.

When I went to pick her up, she was limp and cold. I tried to warm her up as best as I could, but it was already too late. I wonder whether I should have tried to raise her separately...

Farewell little one. May you find peace over the rainbow bridge free from all the pain and suffering you endured in these brief few days on earth.

I’m a little sad.

A590D9FA-F79B-4F33-ADD2-2CE9A78E047E.jpeg

Day 5 - Two’s farewell

Two passed away.

I woke up this morning and heard distressed chirping from the nursery. Some time during the night Two got knocked out from under mommy onto her back and couldn’t right her self again.

When I went to pick her up, she was limp and cold. I tried to warm her up as best as I could, but it was already too late. I wonder whether I should have tried to raise her separately...

Farewell little one. May you find peace over the rainbow bridge free from all the pain and suffering you endured in these brief few days on earth.

I’m a little sad.

View attachment 2722484
oh no! I am so sorry for your loss, #2 was such a cute chick... :(

Back
Top Bottom