Diatomaceous Advice

I have a question about wormers. we have a TSC, and their only chicken wormer is Wazine, which warns against use in egg laying hens. Right now , 8 of 9 girls are resting from laying, so I am tempted to use, but is there a residual effect? What do you recommend for egg laying hens, or in summer, etc when they are productive?

I have a question about wormers. we have a TSC, and their only chicken wormer is Wazine, which warns against use in egg laying hens. Right now , 8 of 9 girls are resting from laying, so I am tempted to use, but is there a residual effect? What do you recommend for egg laying hens, or in summer, etc when they are productive?
This is a pretty old thread. You might want to post a new thread with a new title to get more responses to what your looking for. But we'll go ahead and post anyway.

I believe it is 10 days that you discard eggs after deworming no matter what you use. I would suggest a much more effective wormer then Wazine which only get's round worms. Chickens pick up lots more things then that so if you use Valbazen or liquid Safeguard goat dewormer you'll do a much better job getting things under control. Dose for both of those is 1/2 cc orally per standard size bird, 1/4 cc for bantams. Use a needless syringe and dose each bird directly to make sure they get the full dose. Repeat in 10 days. Now is a good time to worm while birds are not laying or laying less. But believe me, even when you have to discard eggs for a while it's well worth it to prevent a worm infestation. I deworm twice a year, in the fall after the first frost and again in the spring around May or June.

Back
Top Bottom