Diatomaceous Earth and Chicks??

Quote:
Unless they have parasite problems I would say wait and see. No point wasting the stuff unless it's really needed. As long as they are still in the brooder there should be no reason.

Back in the day this was such a touchy subject it was ban - I use food grade DE - I grab a hand full mix it in a 1lb can -
It is not a need but less toxic then other wormers --

Took and held one of my babies last night found what looked like flees on my baby. I have DE food grade. How do I use it on babies that are only 3 days to a week old?

Im not quite sure when you can start giving it to them or how some people do. If you do get it be very sure that it is Food Grade. You can dust it on your birds or let them dust bathe in it too if you wanted. I don't know much on it hopefully someone will post that knows more.
Guaranteed to kill flies on your chicks just put a pile in brooder they will dust bath make sure it's FOOD GRADE safer than any pesticides many benefits make sure area is well ventilated also teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with mother good for their respiratory ours too😁

Back
Top Bottom