Did anyone know turkeys are waterfowl ?

RAREROO

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
HAHAHAHA I just went outside and saw that my two boys had decided our south Ga heat was just too much so they decided to " chill out " in the duck pool. lol

37373_turkys_coolin.jpg

Sorry the pic is so small, I dont know why, I didnt downsize it and I tried it twice and it came out the same way.

Last edited:
I give my birds a pool to wade around in when it's hot, but dang, I wish they wouldn't defecate in it! After an hour or two it becomes a cesspool. You definately need to dump the water and replace often, or it could become a breeding ground for disease. One of my hens would get in and within minutes lay an egg in the water. Must be very stimulating!
lol.png

Quote:
I know thats true, I had just changed it eariler this morning, but it getts dirty easy, I have ducks and geese and now turkeys that go in this pool. And I have found duck eggs in the water before too.

The heat has been awful, my poor birds stay under a tree all day panting....thats when they arent pushing each other off of the pipe to to center air unit that goes into the house, that pipe stays ICE cold!

Back
Top Bottom