Did Diane Sawyer make anyone else mad this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmed one

Show Me State Gal
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Near Truman Lake, Mo
I was watching Good Morning America this morning. Diane was interviewing a man who's dog took his newborn out of the crib. He thought the baby was a toy. Here's the link http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ go there and click on "Family dog drags baby from crib" When she asks the father if he could ever forgive himself, I got so mad!
somad.gif
Have the journalists today lost all of their humanity just for alittle sensationalism? The look on her face is so phoney! Any thoughts?

I didn't see it, but I think that any parent would have suffered enough to have lost a child. I don't think they need public humiliation heaped on top. Millions of Americans have dogs, it was a tragic accident, not negligence. Not like he left the baby locked in a car in the middle of summer.

at last note..baby was holding on but the doctors are not optimistic.

the dog was not trying to hurt the baby she was treating the baby as her puppy, apparently this is a common occurrence with this breed of dog.

Diane Sawyer, and about every other TV journalist out there, what can I say? It's hard to fake compassion.

Makes me think of a line from a song -- goes like this...
"bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at five
she can tell ya 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye..."

Quote:
Not all! I'm a big Ann Curry fan. I got to meet her on the plaza of the Today Show. She was so sweet! She took the time to talk to everyone and take pictures. Not only that but she really seemed interested in people and their stories. The woman standing next to me had lost a mother to cancer and Anne talked to her about it for quite some time as cancer had affected her family as well.

On the other hand, I think Sawyer's question was in poor taste. I've seen Meredith Viera make some pretty cringe-worthy comments, too. I guess to get to the top you have to leave your ethics at the door.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom