did i accidentally buy roosters??

The fertilized egg will produce a chick when incubated either by the hen or an incubator. Other than that it is going to wait on you to eat it. The bonus with fertilized eggs if you get a broody hen you get more chickens.

That makes me feel alot better! Thank yall so much. I do live in a neighborhood and i have yet to hear the roosters crow and i cant have them do that. I would like to see 1 rooster go to a new home and get 2 more hens.

Well they will crow at some point in time.. They do eat well if you can do that sort of thing, and can not find new homes for them. And Welcome to BYC.

They eat well? Meaning the fertilized eggs taste good and "if I can do that sort of thing" meaning they are goin to look totally gross when I crack them open??

Well like I said. I am very new to this chicken raising. I have never seen chickens mate before so I looked it up on youtube and the ISA brown was on top of one of my hens biting the back of her neck. That is the reason why I think that one is a rooster too. We love the black one too but we dont want to crowd our coop and the primary purpose of the chickens is for the eggs.

[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom