Did I do the right thing? Sure hoping so...

Get a load of this, someone came onto my property at some point within the last hour and took the dog out of the pen! They had the nerve to trespass on my property! I know they took the dog and that it didn't just escape because the pen is still standing, and has been partially folded shut. Well, I have pictures of the dog, so if I send the dog catcher down there, and they try to say it's not their dog, I have evidence. That catcher BETTER show up tomorrow...
somad.gif

Document Yes, Publish not without a consent form.

Otherwise they could sue you for using their dog's image without their permission.
Of course, if you just put it in words you could do the 'names have been changed to protect the not so innocent' thing.

Really, it's sickening just how selfish people are nowadays. *sigh*

Our entire county has one dog catcher. In the rural areas, which most of the county is, you're lucky if you see him within a few days of making a call. He doesn't work weekends, evenings or holidays.

When my 6yo son got attacked by my next-door-neighbor's 3 dogs on a Sunday evening eight years ago, they sent the police that night, and the dog catcher the next day. They didn't catch the last of the 3 dogs until about two weeks later. The lady only got fined $10 per loose, un-vaccinated dog. And she had 8 dogs...

Dog laws are pathetic in most of the country. I hope your dog situation gets solved, without any of your or your neighbors' chickens being harmed, and with those poor dogs being rescued somehow. You did the right thing. Too bad the laws aren't strong enough!

Back
Top Bottom