Did I do the right thing?

You did the right thing her husband asked you and you told the truth. I think he knew something wasn't right. I hope your friend gets the help she needs and can take care of her children.

You did the right thing.

We're having the VERY same troubles with one of our friends. She's REALLY misusing the pain pills - taking too many at once, not taking them at appropriate times, mixing them with alcohol, etc. I'm friends with her son, my mother is her friend, and I used to call her a sort of second mom. I can see how bad it's hurting the family. I know that one day, something like that is going to happen with her. I know, in part, what you're going through. It's a hard thing to watch and experience.
hugs.gif

You didn't do a thing wrong. She needs your help - and a real friend does what you did. Not only did you help her... but her whole family. Hopefully, this will show her how she is putting her life and the lives of her family at stake, how she is suffering and in turn making them suffer.

Thank you all so much. Her children came up to sit with me while they waited. We watched the Wilderness Family. They loved it. All the animals took their minds off it. And I just talked to the husband. He is getting her help. I was sure I was doing the right thing but I had little doubts. Why I don't know. I have been where she is. I went through a really bad experience and was diagnosed with PTSD. And before I knew it I was addicted to Valium. That was 15 years ago. Have been off scince. I can help her if she will let me. I am not proud of it but it happened. It just breaks my heart to see a family go through this. It rips a family apart. And the poor children suffer so much. After I posted on here I was talking to my DH. And her and I talking I realized that the only one that tried to and finally made me see what I was doing(it was easier to take the valium then than to deal with the trauma. Not an excuse but at the time it seemed better) was my DH. My so called friends saw it and said nothing. They would give me pills. Thank God it only lasted a short time. I just hope that I can help her if she will allow me to. Thank you all again.

You did what a "true" friend is supposed to do. Initially she may be upset with you because her brain is messed up right now, but if she takes this opportunity to get straight she will thank you forever for pointing her towards getting her life back. I've been there, done that and moved on to a new and better life. It can be achieved, but you must start somewhere, sometime to get better. I wish her the best for recovery.

You did the right thing. I had a friend who was a nurse, she kept stealing drugs from work...she eventually ODed leaving her 7 year old daughter without a mother. It was so sad.

Bravo Terri, your awesome. Around where I live these people could use many of you. We have had weekly overdoses in the paper and it is so scary. It is people of all ages, and classes. You did the right thing! God Bless!

Well done!

I can't believe that her hubby was willing to let her keep caring for her children, not to mention driving her kids around, when he KNEW she was on that kind of crap!?!? Does he have NO care at all for whether they live or die? And that on top of caring more about an argument than he does whether SHE offs herself? Grow a pair would be the first thing I said after hearing him admit he knew all along what was going on.

So again, WELL DONE, at least someone cares for this woman and her kids even if she, and her hubby, do not.

You did do the right thing..she ASKED you to help her...
and yes, the father of her children NEEDED to know all that you told him.
Remember .,..she has children... their safety/well being, ALWAYS comes first.
NO child wants to grow up with a druggie parent... no child wants or deserves that.
Hopefully she will get help now...

Yes, your friend will probably be mad at you before it's over.

But she'll be mad at you from this side of the grave.

Doing right isn't always easy. But it is always right. Now let's
all wish her well, that she can move beyond the drugs.

Spook

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom