I had to kill one of my beloved bantams at 3 a.m. this morning. I put rat poison into some holes and the rats got out and sprayed the poison all over the place from digging. I noticed one of my Dutch bantams was not her normal spritely self and checked in the evening to find a rather bloody prolapsed rectum. I brought her indoors to give her some water and she was drinking like anything but when I picked her up the water started pouring out of her beak and she was very lathargic. I am guessing it was some of the poison she ate. I did some research and a site suggested I clean up the prolapse and push it back in, but it wouldn't go and she was clearly in pain with yet more water pouring out of her beak. I went outside and chooped her head off and just absolutely balled my eyes out. A six foot guy in a dressing-gown holding a dead bantam. Ugh. I am really hoping I did the right thing. I love my girls and just didn't want to see a suffering animal. I am so ****** stupid. RIP Qweebs.