Did I get a good deal on a Brinsea incubator?

Missouri Chicken Chick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Mansfield
I just bought a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced incubator on eBay for $120. I am assuming it is used. Is that a good price? I doesn't come with the turning cradle, so I will have to buy one of those separately. Right now I am using LG styrofoam incubators, so hopefully this will be an upgrade.

They are $299 new right now but that includes the turning cradle wich is about $50.....So yes, You got a good deal.

yes you did i think new that model goes for $299 so yes
thumbsup.gif

The advanced model I would have to say yes. I have just the regular one with no turning cradle and I paid $99 + shipping for it from Brinsea.
I don't mind not having the turning cradle though. the shape of it is awesome and because I work at home, I have no problems flipping it on it's base three times a day.

Quote:
Yeah the octogon shape is a great idea beceuase you can roll it your self easily, although the cradle is easier.
wink.png

I paid $400 for mine but it came with the humidifier which is somehting I need out here in SW Oklahoma. It has only rained once and only for an hour since Semptember so I have to have the humidity constantly pumped in to keep it above 50%.

The snesors are very sensitive so test them well before you put eggs in there.

I think I can add the humidity pump, if I'm not mistaken. The first time I use it, I will probably turn by hand. I also work from home, so turning it 3 or 4 times a day would be no big deal. I don't know what went wrong with my last hatch, but probably 30 percent of my chicks ended up shrink-wrapped, even though my humidity ran around 60 to 70 percent from day 18 through 21 and I FORCED myself this time not to open the bator. As I said, very disappointing.

I thought the Advance came with the turner automatically and wasn't an option. I know it is and option on the Eco. My Advanced EX just came UPS so I will have to open it and see!!!!

Back
Top Bottom