Did I misdiagnose coccidiosis?

Is there no hope once they show symtoms? I lost three now and three more showing signs. Starts with lethargy and not eating, dead in a day. Ive never been so frustrated in my life.

Is there no hope once they show symtoms? I lost three now and three more showing signs. Starts with lethargy and not eating, dead in a day. Ive never been so frustrated in my life.

Chickens showing signs of coccidia do recover when treated IF the internal damage is not too extensive. What are you treating your birds with?

Last edited:
Chickens showing signs of coccidia do recover when treated IF the internal damage is not too extensive. What are you treating your birds with?
liquid Corid. There may be a light at the end of the tunnel, no not train headlights:), at this moment they are all asymptomatic. I am cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the update. I had to tube feed mine with coccidia because they didn't feel good enough to eat. It's been 3 weeks and starting to see improvement in one of the 2. Coccidia has been hard to get rid of.

Thank you for your reply Michael, I actually did bump up the dose to two tsp. Seems like I didnt have much to lose.

Still lost half though.

When you say you lost half, how many? Coccidia multiplies fast in the warm season, especially in humid environments. Young birds (up to 9 months) seem more susceptible. How are the surviving birds doing?

Back
Top Bottom