Did I really just say that?...

JDirt78

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2018
So the wife and I were out finishing up work to enlarge the chicken run...the girls had been kinda antsy after being stuck in their coop all week due to the rains, so I let them out into the run once i had all the fencing up. I dropped my torpedo level and as I reached down to pick it up, Ms. Pacman pecked at it and my hand. I just looked at her and said "Keep it up, we eat peckers around here!"

My wife just turned around and walked off...took her about 3 seconds before she busted out laughing and I realized what I had said...

So the wife and I were out finishing up work to enlarge the chicken run...the girls had been kinda antsy after being stuck in their coop all week due to the rains, so I let them out into the run once i had all the fencing up. I dropped my torpedo level and as I reached down to pick it up, Ms. Pacman pecked at it and my hand. I just looked at her and said "Keep it up, we eat peckers around here!"

My wife just turned around and walked off...took her about 3 seconds before she busted out laughing and I realized what I had said...
:gig:lau:gig:lau

Ha Ha, cute! I have my named by flavor. I have Smokey, Cajun, BBQ, Candy (glazed), Honey (glazed).
:lau I love naming chickens!:wee:wee

In my first flock I had 3 Wheaten Ameraucanas. My neighbors son named one of them Maggie Hatcher, which meant that the other two became Winnie Churchill and Toni Blair. Then there was Hindira Ghendi, Reshmi Kebab and Hendoori Chicken... The First bielefelder hen was Jessica Biel, the second was Schnitzel, the roo was Kaiser-roll, FBCM roo was Voltaire.

These days my Olive Eggers are: Kalamata, Castelvetrano, and Picholine! 3 other hens are named for desserts, the 2 CCL hens are Edwina and Adelaide, and on and on! I am currently trying to figure out what to name the 5 CCL 13 week old pullets.

Keep em coming!:frow

:welcome :frow :yuckyuck

Back
Top Bottom