Did we get what we paid for?

Why can't people do honest business anymore☹️
That is a good question. After having to give 2 ebayers negative reviews this week after years of no problems I am wondering what they are thinking. Ebay have reassured me they will get my money back at least so why go to the trouble of racking up bad reviews. Not that it is the worst thing happening at the moment but it has ruined my weekend worrying abut it nontheless.

The new "female" quail on the right and "Quill the lonely quail" our definite male on the left🤦

Attachments

• 10072~2.jpeg
    10072~2.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 11
Color is probably a better indicator than speckles. If they have a reddish or rusty tone, they're probably male. I find feather-sexing to be a "mostly true" method of sexing. There are always exceptions.
some of my females I think have a bit of red on their chest.

I think vent sexing is probably the best way to sex quail, some of my males have quit a few speckles around their necks less then the females though.

Don't know how to vent sex and I don't want to hurt them with my inexperience so would you happen to have a recommended video or link for learning how?
I have not read through all of this or watched the video but I did look at the vent sexing bit and it has very nice pictures
https://www.brimwoodfarm.com/articles/2018/7/5/coturnix-quail-sexing
I don’t squeeze, I gently rub below their vent just above their tail.
I first vent sexing my quails at about 6 weeks then again and 8 weeks

The females can have some foam in them, when I check if very little foam comes out and they don’t have a lump by their tail, I put them down again do the rest and then try again.

If they sold those birds as guaranteed females they should be ashamed of themselves and refund your money or swap them out. That much red/orange on the chest is a definite male. I only see one female (top in first pic) and the rest are males.

Some males do take a little longer to feather in, and mine typically start towards the bottom of the chest and work upwards. So some do still have speckles towards the neck at 4 weeks but the red/orange is a dead giveaway it's a boy.

If they sold those birds as guaranteed females they should be ashamed of themselves and refund your money or swap them out. That much red/orange on the chest is a definite male. I only see one female (top in first pic) and the rest are males.

Some males do take a little longer to feather in, and mine typically start towards the bottom of the chest and work upwards. So some do still have speckles towards the neck at 4 weeks but the red/orange is a dead giveaway it's a boy.
I'm thinking they aren't color experienced and maybe ventsexed too early when separating males and females. I know that I definately Bentsen or sell as straight run because I friggin suck at color sexing

Back
Top Bottom