?Did You Know?

Psssst! Chickypooh! It really works! Thanks!
D.gif

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...and if it breaks agressiveness then BRING me that bucket. Ever think animals rights have come just a little to far? I sure do. A little dunking won't hurt and agressive chicken anymore than a good old spanking never hurt an agressive child. Ahh, but we are being debunked into believing that even if you're in the wrong, even if you hurt someone intentionally, you still have RIGHTS!
Don't get me started.
I've got a rooster that I'm going to try that on if he ever decides to get ornery

Quote:
They used to do that with kids too! No joke! Turpentine and kerosene where used to treat all sorts of problems.
sad.png

I was given a dose of this as a kid...if I remember right it was a couple of drops of turpentine in a teaspoon of honey. Maybe that's what happened to me:>)

yuckyuck.gif
We always used kerosene on the cat's warbles also. They used to use it for a lice treatment in my Mom's day.

The bucket did wonders for that hen! I had to do it twice to get it to stick....she is the meanest hen I have and I don't particularly care a whole lot for her...so I didn't waste any time in trying this old trick.

Morel, I feel exactly that way! When good, old-fashioned common sense ways of dealing with animals became cruelty, I'll not know. The hen walked away, right as rain, ruffling her feathers and giving me evil looks. She didn't even sputter, but I know she was cursing at me in chickenese!
gig.gif

cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

uh-hem...
My birds are very well cared for, clean and dry, well fed, I haven't had any issues, and haven't lost any to illness in at least a couple of years...so if some of the things I would do to keep them healthy,and yes, happy with a good disposition are a liitle 'old fashioned, well, so be it:>)

I'm looking for a good bucket...anyone have one for sale?
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom