didn't want my treats...

Rooneytune

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Tacoma
i was so excited to give my babies a treat so I bought some grapes and cut them up. we had the camera ready and the kids were so excited... the chicks had NO interest! Not even a peck. Can anyone suggest something else that might be a good treat?
barnie.gif

ok that makes me feel better... I thought maybe i did it wrong. Although they are soo cute when the hop onto my hand to eat their chick food.
love.gif

Cut up grapes are a great treat, but your chicks were frightened of something new, as chicks (and grown chickens) will do. Try gfetting them used to it. Maybe cut it up smaller and mix with a bit of their feed. I had to do something similar with my long since grown crew to get them used to BOSS. That's chickens!

I used Broccolli, just the little florets, not frozen, I took the little tiny seeds and dropped them as they dropped at least one brave little guy ran up and grabbed them. Don't think he really ate them but it was soo cute to watch him run up to get it. The other babies would followed behind, next thing you know they are all chasing the little broccolli florets.

Mine LOVE grated carrots and especially wheatgrass that I cut up into tiny pieces. I grow a tray for them, then cut a small handful and snip it into tiny, bite sized pieces. They go crazy. They are a month old today and I've slowly been trying to tame them. Tonight one stepped up on my hand and two flew onto my arm, including my white crested black polish that freaks out any time I try to get him to step onto my hand. Go tell. I suspect pretty soon they will pull me into their brooder and you will no longer get posts from me. Ken

Back
Top Bottom