Diesel son of Suede at 18 wks. He's HUGE

First of all, Thanks Cyn and Julie, for answering questions here. I just barely got off of a long day at work.

Quote:
Thanks for your comments. Diesel is very sweet, and we don't really treat our birds as pets. He doesn't really like me to mess with him much but is calm when I do, but my three year old son can go out and pet him. We REALLY like him.

The difference in the Australorp and Orpington is the body type has changed since the 1800 for the Orpington as new breeds were added to the mix and the standard for them changed as they evovled. The original type was maintained in the Australorp breed.

This cockerel grows every time I look at him. It blows me away when I realize that very soon he will be bigger than my hens, and they are over a year and he is 18 weeks old.

Quote:
Her feet bottoms are yellow. So She is probably a JG. Her feathers have a blue green sheen to them in the sun.
thanks for all your help.

I have a question. I had a hen that I bought at a sale. She was large and light blue grey feathers. She had a large single comb that flopped over to the side like bangs. She looked similar in color to a blue cochin, but no feathers on her feet, and she had yellow legs and feet. Does anyone have an idea what she may have been?

Back
Top Bottom