Dieting??

roosty

Songster
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
Georgia
Ok, Im not sure if this is the right place for this but....

Is anyone else on BYC on a diet right now. I am sooo trying to lose 20 lbs by summer! Thought maybe we could share ideas on whats worked or working for you and add in some motivation.
big_smile.png

Right now Im kinda trying to count calories, drink water, no sweets. Its way hard.

This would be so great. I started this Med Fast diet. It's the grocery store version so you don't have to pay for their food. I have no will power and could use some support.

Support is good.

My employer reimburses us for our participation in a certain wieght loss program and I've lost 15.6 pounds in 8 weeks. I find that weekly weigh-ins at the office are very motivating!

So far, oatmeal for breakfast and a high fiber/ low fat lunch have been working for me. A later afternoon snack helps me with portion control at dinnertime. Which reminds me, I better fuel up for my commute...

I've been dieting and exercising since January 7th, and I'm down probably almost 30 pounds. I'm starting to see great muscle growth/definition in my chest, arms, legs, and ab's.

Sparkpeople.com is a major contributor to teaching me how to eat. I tracked my food daily, and ate between 1500 to 1800 calories. After a month or two of tracking my food daily, I learned what to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat.

I was loosing weight, but it really kicked into full force when I started exercising. I go to the gym 5 days a week, and do an hour of cardio, then weight training alternating between upper body and lower body every other day.

I've read every diet book there is, tried every trick in the book, done every fad and nothing ever worked. I know its a common cliche, but there is NO substitute for healthy eating and plenty of exercise. I feel great physically, mentally, and spiritually, and I'm generally a happier person all the way around.

I'm just disappointed that I waited this long to get started!!

briana1975
I have no will power and could use some support.

I have NO will power either. But Ive got to do this...for me!

joshplus10
I've lost 15.6 pounds in 8 weeks

Wow...I hope I can do that!

Im trying to go walking everyday (weather permitting)for about 45 min. I cant really afford the gym so walking is it I guess. The exercise is so hard to try and make myself do...but after I do it I feel alot better about myself...I guess if you dont feel like exercising...make yourself!!! youll be happier after you do!!!​

I echo the sentiments about sparkpeople. It's a good place to get started. Even if you aren't ready for the 'group' aspects of it, there is a place to just get a customized plan, diet, exercise and a journal to write in, along with several other tools that you can use, and a place to track your progress. All free, all private.

Ill try out the sparkpeople....Ive been on a site that tracks everything for you...it tracks your loss and calories exercise and adds and subracts for you...Its a neat site...its also free to sign up......its www.fitday.com

Back
Top Bottom