Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics
Ok, have 3 little EEs. I think they are little pullets from vent sexing but the more I look at their outward features the more I question myself. They already have a little bump on their legs where Spurs will develop. I have some good pics of them from different angles and wanted to see what everyone thinks. They are 4 days old.

Ok, have 3 little EEs. I think they are little pullets from vent sexing but the more I look at their outward features the more I question myself. They already have a little bump on their legs where Spurs will develop. I have some good pics of them from different angles and wanted to see what everyone thinks. They are 4 days old.
Both gender have spur scales I believe......you'll have to wait until they are older.
Sometimes you can tell by the combs, single row pea-female, triple row pea-male......
......or you maybe have to wait until the hackle and saddle feathers start showing.

Both gender have spur scales I believe......you'll have to wait until they are older.
Sometimes you can tell by the combs, single row pea-female, triple row pea-male......
......or you maybe have to wait until the hackle and saddle feathers start showing.
All 3 have single row pea at this point.

I have Easter Eggers and all three lay green eggs. We are planning to breed our EE roo with his hens. Any chance of getting blue eggs from green egg laying hens?

I have Easter Eggers and all three lay green eggs. We are planning to breed our EE roo with his hens. Any chance of getting blue eggs from green egg laying hens?

It is very possible that you will. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I have a green egg laying hen and several of her daughters lay beautiful blue eggs. it depends if your rooster has the blue egg genes.

Back
Top Bottom