Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics
Opinion needed... Ameraucana or EE. Legs are slate bluish with slight green tinge underneath. Wondering if she is Americana. with Blue Cochin mix??? She is about 16-18 weeks old in this picture. Thanks!
She looks a lot like mine
263a.png

No, Ameraucanas and Aracaunas ALWAYS lay blue eggs. Easter Eggers are mixed hybrids that contain the blue-egg gene, and they can lay a range of colors, like green, blue, green-blue, pinkish, or yellow.

No, Ameraucanas and Aracaunas ALWAYS lay blue eggs. Easter Eggers are mixed hybrids that contain the blue-egg gene, and they can lay a range of colors, like green, blue, green-blue, pinkish, or yellow.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree... yes, Easter Eggers are hybrids/mixes that can lay a wide range of egg colors, this is agreed here...

Ameraucanas AND Araucanas can lay blue to blue/green as per their SOP's... the desired and wanted color is blue, but varying shades of blues and greenish blues is very common in both these breeds...

These 2 girls are from a hoarder (as are 20 of mine, 3 of which are obvious Easter Eggers) They are not particularly nice to any of the other hens they reside with. They are laying small-med very blue-green eggs. There's a tad of rust and some very pretty teal sheen to their feathers in the sun. Muffs not obvious in these photos. They are territorial and aggressive towards any hen their size.
Easter Eggers also?

These 2 girls are from a hoarder (as are 20 of mine, 3 of which are obvious Easter Eggers) They are not particularly nice to any of the other hens they reside with. They are laying small-med very blue-green eggs. There's a tad of rust and some very pretty teal sheen to their feathers in the sun. Muffs not obvious in these photos. They are territorial and aggressive towards any hen their size.
Easter Eggers also?
Is the inside of their mouths black too...and the skin under the feathers....look like ayam cemani's.

Back
Top Bottom