Differance regarding still air and fan

Quote:
Have you put your meter inline while the fan was running? Many of the wall-wart power supplies will give a higher voltage reading when they don't have a load (something being powered) connected. Once the load (fan, phone being charged, etc.,.) is in place the voltage drops back around the power supply's rated voltage.

Ed

five-string,

I think you should experiment with the vent holes (to regulate humidity). Just use tape to cover or partially cover if you don't have the plugs.

Although I think the factory-made turners are the "way-to-go", you could just set one end of the incubator on a 4x4 block and switch ends 5 to 7 times a day. (You wouldn't need to open the 'bator to do that.)

I don't want to "fool-with" the 'bator much when it has eggs in it....so I opted for the expense of a factory-made turner.
I just figure it's worth the "avoidance" of the headache of doing it manually.

idunno.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Thanks, junk. This is my first experience with incubating. In the past I have let my broody Buff Orp hatch for me with limited success. I will play around with the vents. I read where some folks use one of the holes and a piece of tubing to add water without opening the lid. Does that sound right to you?

Well, I took the plunge and bought a new turner from TSC today. My wife insisted on this purchase after I explained she would need to turn the eggs at least 3-4 times per day for several weeks. She then decided a $41 turner was a worthwhile investment.
wink.png

Tractor Supply has a special deal right now to save you $5 off any purchase in-store.

Go here and register your email address for special offers from TSC and they will email you a $5 coupon you can print and take to the store with you. I used mine today and got my turner for $36.99. Woot!

I got the LG bator (still-air) at a local livestock/flea market for $20
Egg turner ...$37
hygrometer/thermometer from Ebay....$8 (they accepted an $8 offer on this unit, SHIPPED!)
fan and power supply...free from my junk box.

Total for a forced air bator with turner and digital gauges.....$65. Not as good as Madcap's freebie but no too bad either.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom