Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

I got my first chicks a few weeks ago. 20 chicks from a hatchery which included 4 EEs (labeled as Americaucanas). Any insight as to the gender of the two in this picture? They are 6 weeks old.
Thank you for your help!!
Becca

I second that vote.

Nice on the red one being a pullet. Pretty color.

Thank you, Alaskan! I am head over heels about them. That female is the largest of the 20 chicks and she holds her own with the two cockerels. She must be the Union Rep
wink.png

I was surprised to see the Sandhill Crane in your profile picture and Googled them in Alaska. I had no idea! Remarkable birds.

Thank you, Alaskan! I am head over heels about them. That female is the largest of the 20 chicks and she holds her own with the two cockerels. She must be the Union Rep ;)

I was surprised to see the Sandhill Crane in your profile picture and Googled them in Alaska. I had no idea! Remarkable birds. 
They are pretty cool.

They landed in my yard this week..so CLEARLY spring. :ya

Awesome that the female was the biggest...bodes well for her being a great healthy longlived layer. Rah! :jumpy

Oh...wanted to add, I very much like the warm colors...good counterpoint to my almost constant snow :rolleyes: (the pond by my house is still half ice).

Unfortunately my large Ameraucana are blacks..so all of the crosses they make are also black...

My bantam Ams though, are Wheaten...nice warm color. Also, it is relatively recessive...so EEs produced from them come out in a little more variety.

Would this EE Pullet's coloring and body shape be considered "partridge?" I think she is soooo pretty

And if she is crossed with this EE Roo (top bird in photo) what kind of coloration might I get?

Thanks so much!

Here is an example of partridge off of the internet.

So nope, pretty girl, but she isn't any specific recognized color.

And since there are who knows what genetics in that girl, and in the male...who knows what will pop out of their eggs. :D

Probably different browns..... since both have brown..... but who knows.

Would this EE Pullet's coloring and body shape be considered "partridge?" I think she is soooo pretty

And if she is crossed with this EE Roo (top bird in photo) what kind of coloration might I get?

Thanks so much!
The patterning through the chest indicates she's 'wild-type' partridge. The cockerel appears to have the Columbian restrictor. He's also got one gene for silver base color, and one for red/gold. Both appear to have a copy of the Blue dilute gene. About half the offspring will be silver and and the other half will be gold/red, males will have red leakage like their father. About half will also have his Columbian restrictor. About 25% will not inherit the Blue gene. 50% will inherit a single copy. And 25% will inherit two copies, making them Splash. All chicks should be pea combed, none will have muffs/beards.

Back
Top Bottom