Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
I just love these birds. I have found the blue egg gene gets carried through many generations even if there are no actual physical signs that the hen has the araucana blood line in her.
I will put some pics up of mine when I can. I
love.gif
THESE BIRDS

JamJam our youngest EE has gone missing as of yesterday. She finished her molting, layed 2 beautiful eggs up on the hill under the bushes and now no where to be found :(

Hi LaLa! It could be that a predator got her, or she might have jumped the fence. Did you see a number of feathers on the floor of you coop, almost like a trail leading away from it? If so she was taken by an animal. It could also be that a hawk or an owl got her, because a hawk or owl will just scoop them up and take them. I hope you find her, and I hope she is alive.

Hi LaLa! It could be that a predator got her, or she might have jumped the fence. Did you see a number of feathers on the floor of you coop, almost like a trail leading away from it? If so she was taken by an animal. It could also be that a hawk or an owl got her, because a hawk or owl will just scoop them up and take them. I hope you find her, and I hope she is alive.
You know what? I was working in the yard and saw butt feathers trailing up the hillside...I feel something got her . Madonna the 14yr old was taking a dirt bath and she wasn't hurt at all, so it was a lone predator. Years ago we lost 3 at once to 3 coyotes that glided over our 6'fencing like gazelles...it was horrible as they took them down our yard in broad daylight down our street in a small culdesac neighborhood...ughhhhh.... No, she's not coming back. We actually found where she was laying and retrieved 5 beautiful eggs. She had just gotten over her molt...:( .. On a happy note, the other hens are all getting along much better. She has been a tyrant to the 10month brahmas...I didn't know a Hawk or Owl could do that. We have a lot of those. Wow! We have fox too...

My EE's have been laying now for about a week. They are laying small, almost bantam size white eggs. Is this normal for this breed? Will they ever start laying the pretty blue/green eggs?

Thanks!

My EE's have been laying now for about a week. They are laying small, almost bantam size white eggs. Is this normal for this breed? Will they ever start laying the pretty blue/green eggs?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be getting too much larger or more coloring:( they do have potential to change slightly in both color and size but not that drastically:( I had a couple that just laid smaller eggs as you stated and I gave it a month and just sold them off to be replaced with another couple youngins. The first few eggs do come out dif sizes while they develop/adjust so maybe give it a couple more weeks. I had one that her first egg was like a duck egg and had THREE yolks! Good luck to you

Thank you for the info! I am hoping something changes. This makes me sad.
hit.gif
I got this breed for the multi colored eggs...I would have thought that out of the 3 EE's I would at least get 1 that is "normal".

Can you tell me if the brown one is Americauna or EE? I don't have her anymore, JamJam, but she didn't have the beard like Madonna so I just wondered..

Back
Top Bottom