Difficult Puzzle! Winner Posts New One!!!

Ok

A detective shows up to investigate a suicide. The body is found on the street of a skyrise building. The detective takes the elevator to the fifth floor knowing that anything below that height could not have killed the victim. He goes to the window and flips a coin. He then goes to the sixth floor and does the same thing. He continues on through all 25 floors and then rides the elevator down. He announces to the other police men that this is not a suicide; she was murdered. How did the detective know?

Ok

A detective shows up to investigate a suicide. The body is found on the street of a skyrise building. The detective takes the elevator to the fifth floor knowing that anything below that height could not have killed the victim. He goes to the window and flips a coin. He then goes to the sixth floor and does the same thing. He continues on through all 25 floors and then rides the elevator down. He announces to the other police men that this is not a suicide; she was murdered. How did the detective know?
Does he find that she could not have jumped?

Ok

Well, I’m not sure why he’s flipping a coin. Maybe he’s flipping it “out the window” to see if they are closed. If all the windows are closed, there’s no way she could have jumped and closed the window, so if they’re all closed, someone closed it after pushing her out.

Well, I’m not sure why he’s flipping a coin. Maybe he’s flipping it “out the window” to see if they are closed. If all the windows are closed, there’s no way she could have jumped and closed the window, so if they’re all closed, someone closed it after pushing her out.
That's good. I read another story/riddle where that was the answer. Were the windows unopenable?

Thanks for the link.
Blech, it's raining here today. Rainy and cold... the chickens remind me of mice when they're wet. I don't know why -- maybe it's how they look smaller. Littler, but just as quick.
Edit: WHAT THE HECK, I thought that I posted this in the conversation! Oopsie, sorry everybody! My mistake.

Last edited:
The coin is a red herring. You are correct that the windows were all closed. Meaning the murderer pushed her out and closed the window before he left

Back
Top Bottom