**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters
We have had piddly little snows 3-4 inches every 3 days for the last month. Every time I must scrape the snow to the bottom for the birds to go out. From these "little" snows I have 1-2 foot piles around the edge of the chain link run. To make things more difficult, I have a 8 by 12 inside run & a 15 by 26 outside run, so throwing snow out of the 6 foot high first run goes into the second. I figured we would eventually get a thaw, Noooooooooooooooo this morning we woke up to 10+ inches with drifts. Spent 1 hour just blowing paths to my two coops (opposite directions) through 2 foot drifts. Then I shoveled the inner pen (gate too narrow for snow blower) and hoped to blow out the outer pen. Right now however the blasted snowblower isn't starting, so chickens are not getting done right now. Just glad I got paths to the coops anyway. Bad part is a have a 2 foot drift behind my garage door in an area that hubby can't plow. He was up at 3:30 am before work to plow the 1500 ft driveway. Sure hope the blasted things starts when I go out later. Don't feel like shoveling anymore! Please can we have a dry normal period for awhile???

Another foot overnight in Southern Massachusetts....long path to shovel out to coop...the girls are always happy to see me coming
pop.gif

x5bew9.jpg

Last edited:
My roo popped his head out of the coop looked around,saw his shadow and went back inside. Next I hear Tap tap tap tap ding! My roo hand me a note. "See you in 6 weeks" Snow sucks!

OH MY!!!! I can't imagine having to deal with that amount of snow!!!!!
I can see that we have been really lucky compared to many of you. At least the sun is out today and a lot of ours is melting. Supposed to be in the 50's all weekend, but who knows what may happen next?!!

Back
Top Bottom