**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters
Quote:
Very pretty snow pictures. I love your coop and snow cave!

Thank you...it is very pretty. We definitely get snow in CT just not quite so much in one shot:/

Quote:
Thanks ....
smile.png

Whoa that's alot of snow Tinman.

How'd you get those chickens to walk on the snow??? Mine wouldn't touch it until I put hay down for them walk on and several of them even have feathered feet......sissies!

Pics from Friday nights trudge out to the coop to lock everyone up. It got dark fast due to the snow we were getting. Just got done clearing it all today. Luckily it was powder, about 7 inches of it.

Front porch

100_2057.jpg

just some ice cycles

100_2061.jpg

the walk

100_2060.jpg

a potato fork I left in the garden after digging the last potatoes just before our first big snow..that will need some clean up and oil in the spring.

100_2062.jpg

the run, check the fresh powder on top of the old snow the has compressed on top of the 2x4's

100_2065.jpg

the brooder that I need to bring in the garage in the spring. Not enough room in there right now with the motorcycles.

100_2067.jpg

EE hen and some stink eye

100_2071.jpg

Turkeys...Evil Bas%$#d and BIG FAT HEN looking at the camera.

100_2073-1.jpg

Mr Roo and two of his EE/Barred rock mutts

100_2072.jpg

EE hen and Peacock being blinded by yet another flash

100_2076.jpg

One more stink eye

100_2077.jpg

As you can see no frostbite on anyone. Just now starting to get a little frost in the coop, but not much. The bottom is supposed to drop out of the temps this coming week. Should be a hoot...
hmm.png

Last edited:
They know the path leads to the front of the house where they can run up and down the driveway and they can hang out on the stoop. As long as the snow is packed down they don`t mine as much.
Quote:

I dug the snow for the first 12 inches, but as it kept coming I sprinkled barley straw on top of the snow. They walked on it to their feeder and pecked at the barley, double benefit for the straw!

the more i shoved the coop way out the more the plow mem covers it every day . this getting to my nerves we are cover to the top of the coop every day , and is only january . cause here we may have snow for much more .... maybe to april, hope not like this much . but still is beatifull to se how they enjoyrd tooo ...... luz

from woodbury ,ct.

Back
Top Bottom