**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters
If we regularly got that much snow I think I would buy snow shoes and hinge a roof panel for access to do my daily chicken chores. Don't think I could stand that much shoveling! Maybe in the run, but all the way out to it?? yuck

Lucky to live in Kentucky, where we get enough snow to be fun, but not buried.

We dont really mind being buried by the snow - only when those cold 20 below snaps last for a few days is it miserable. Our kids love to head out and dig sledding trails and they do snowshoe (lol)! After a couple months of raking the snow off the porch roof you can just walk right up the snow bank onto the house ;-) One winter the plow piles were so high lining the sides of our loooong drive way that we had to fold the Suburban mirrors to drive up.
We have taken to throwing a lightly covered hay trail so the chickens can march about the place some - they are clearly appreciative of not walking through the snow but still getting out and about.
So all things equal, we've had a VERY mild winter here so far!

Quote:
AWESOME pics! Love the dog photo!!!

x2 Love it
love.gif

Our here in NJ, we've gotten 36 inches of snow about 2-3 weeks ago and the weather was getting warm and ready to melt, but we had over 12 inches again couple of days ago
barnie.gif

I need one of those heat fans that you see and feel them when entering a store. It should work like a hair dryer and melt some snow so I can see some grass
somad.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Good thing you do not move to Michigan then....it's above 50* 's here about 3 months a year!
he.gif

We shovel paths to chicken coops, have frozen water issues and eggs that freeze if not collected often enough...It's a great place to live... LOL

Back
Top Bottom