**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters
Quote:
Thank you. It does, doesn't it? There is some comfort in knowing that the predators are mostly at bay with the deep snow, thus making the coop that much more peaceful and secure.
smile.png

Here's the snow chick someone asked for. All ya'lls snow makes my little 8" seem like nothing. However it took me a whole day to shovel across my deck, down the stairs, and out to the pen. I had to be able to get out and keep emptying the tarp over their pen. By afternoon the 2nd day I let them out of the garage foe a few hours. They were not much for sliding around on the ice, I felt sorry for them and used my carryalls to put 2 in and one under each arm to carry back to garage for night. Sure will be glad when I get their new COVERED secure pen done instesd of the present tarp covered dog kennel. I think all the slipping & sliding must have jiggled something in my Polish, she finally laid her 1st egg.It's so cute...looks like porcelein. However none today from any even my leghorn quit.

Here we have gotten many inches but followed by warm trends that take some snow but then makes ice. Right now I have 2.5 acres of ice rink. The only area for my chicks is what is covered. It is funny to see some chicks ice skate.
lol.png

We have about 2 feet on the ground right now. We will barely be able to see the coop by winters end. We snow blow a path to the coop, the barn and my husbands art studio. I will need to do some roof shoveling soon.

Quote:
H-O-L-Y COW!!!!
ep.gif
You win, hands down. How much snow is that? Great picture!!
How do you collect eggs in that stuff?!

With temps still at 15F at night all our yards look like big ice rinks glistening in the sun.Still have a little black ice early am's & evenings. VERY dangerous. At least it does warm up during the day.But my chickies still don't like the ice.
sickbyc.gif

69187_snowdoor.jpg

69187_100_0023.jpg

69187_100_0024.jpg

this was two days after christmas when we got 3 feet, with 4-5 foot drifts!! ugh. yup i shovel from the back door, over the deck, down the steps and to the duck house!

here's some from when that snow first started falling. ever since that, the ducks have been confined to their shed.
sad.png
then a few days ago, we shoveled out part of the run finally, and then we got hit with another 10 inches!
he.gif

69187_100_0015.jpg

69187_100_0017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom