Dilemma

HippiAiti

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
So, I have the "Chick-Bator", a cheap 3-egg incubator that I bought for $25 at a local feed store. In it I now have 3 BR eggs I got from someone here on BYC. It surprised me that they all arrived through the mail intact.

So now I've been offered a couple EE eggs from someone local. They won't fit in the incubator... but I really want them. (Like I needed a new addiction...)

So now my naturally-inclined-to-DIY mind is turning this idea over and I can't help but think that I could make a small incubator myself. I mean, looking at this thing, it's a container with a light, a little ventilation, and some water. So, theoretically, with all the building supplies we have in this house, I'm sure I could come up with SOMETHING.... right?

Anyone made their own SMALL incubator?

needmorechickens!

Songster
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
West TN
Well let's see...there is one made of an electric skillet, one with a bread box, styrofoam cooler, small refrigerator, fish aquarium...do a search and you should find lots of good examples!
wink.png

~Rebecca

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
needmorechickens! :

Well let's see...there is one made of an electric skillet, one with a bread box, styrofoam cooler, small refrigerator, fish aquarium...do a search and you should find lots of good examples!
wink.png

~Rebecca

You forgot about the crock pots...
wink.png

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
Yup, Miss Prissy has a thread on breadbox incubators, and another one called the "Chic Chick Bator" made out of a styrofoam ice chest.

Lots of BYC members have homemade bators!

Goodluck!!

Top Bottom