Dilemma

HippiAiti

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
So, I have the "Chick-Bator", a cheap 3-egg incubator that I bought for $25 at a local feed store. In it I now have 3 BR eggs I got from someone here on BYC. It surprised me that they all arrived through the mail intact.

So now I've been offered a couple EE eggs from someone local. They won't fit in the incubator... but I really want them. (Like I needed a new addiction...)

So now my naturally-inclined-to-DIY mind is turning this idea over and I can't help but think that I could make a small incubator myself. I mean, looking at this thing, it's a container with a light, a little ventilation, and some water. So, theoretically, with all the building supplies we have in this house, I'm sure I could come up with SOMETHING.... right?

Anyone made their own SMALL incubator?

Well let's see...there is one made of an electric skillet, one with a bread box, styrofoam cooler, small refrigerator, fish aquarium...do a search and you should find lots of good examples!
wink.png

~Rebecca

needmorechickens! :

Well let's see...there is one made of an electric skillet, one with a bread box, styrofoam cooler, small refrigerator, fish aquarium...do a search and you should find lots of good examples!
wink.png

~Rebecca

You forgot about the crock pots...
wink.png

Yup, Miss Prissy has a thread on breadbox incubators, and another one called the "Chic Chick Bator" made out of a styrofoam ice chest.

Lots of BYC members have homemade bators!

Goodluck!!

Back
Top Bottom