Dinosaur Egg OMG!

I just scrolled thru a bunch of the replies that were posted during my absence. Wow. Some were pretty dark.
It was unintentional for this particular thread to manifest in fashion that it did. It captivated and obsessed a large audience with suspense and intrigue, collectively and in a mob state.
I was the only participant unglued to the forum.

I operate a small farm with scores of several types of livestock. I take random breaks and sit down in my barn with my tablet w/wifi and interact on BYC to break the monotony of responsibilities weighting me down.
This said thread was created during one of those moments where is was good to get off my poor aging feet.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have just cracked open those silly eggs to avoid upsetting some of the masses. Reading some of the comments, which were incidentally too many to keep up with, there were some replies left with an under tone resulting from frustration. And I understand. I apologize for any inconvenience this forum may have caused. But if I new there was an angry lynch mob with torches chanting MDK, I would have picked up the pace much speedier than how it took place.

In the end, as I laugh about it now, I sit back and skim thru page after page of comments and think to myself.. "Over a couple of silly eggs"..:lau.
Thank you to all whom contributed. It was a wild ride, even though I missed the bus..

-connie
Don't apologize!!
All the waiting created suspense & your quick pops in & out added to the intrigue... like a good mystery novel.
I had a great time on the ride! Thanks for sharing! :hugs

Don't apologize!!
All the waiting created suspense & your quick pops in & out added to the intrigue... like a good mystery novel.
I had a great time on the ride! Thanks for sharing! :hugs
giphy-6.gif
If I could create a best seller by simply cracking open an egg or two, I would be content in deed.
As soon as the royalty checks start appearing in my mail box.:gig
jumping_egg_by_genshihebi-d3df7q9.gif
Thank you for you kind words.:)

It looks like your hen may have been egg bound and it just got reshelled several times before she finally laid it. If this was the case then you are very fortunate that she finally laid it. Chickens can die from being egg bound if it does not pass.

It looks like your hen may have been egg bound and it just got reshelled several times before she finally laid it. If this was the case then you are very fortunate that she finally laid it. Chickens can die from being egg bound if it does not pass.
It was only one shell layer.. but pretty thick.
It is one hen in particular we narrowed it down to. She lays one egg a day. Consistently. She was getting an over dose of protein and it took 3 days or so for her eggs to go back to normal size. She is in my RI Red breeder house right now. Was in the big egg house. In the breeder house, it is far easier to control her consumption being with only 9 other birds v.s. being fed in a frenzy competition w/90+ birdies. She will go back to the big house when breeding season is over.
Thx for your input..
chick.gif

It was only one shell layer.. but pretty thick.
It is one hen in particular we narrowed it down to. She lays one egg a day. Consistently. She was getting an over dose of protein and it took 3 days or so for her eggs to go back to normal size. She is in my RI Red breeder house right now. Was in the big egg house. In the breeder house, it is far easier to control her consumption being with only 9 other birds v.s. being fed in a frenzy competition w/90+ birdies. She will go back to the big house when breeding season is over.
Thx for your input.. View attachment 1302575
You have many babies! I don't think I'd be able to get it narrowed down. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom