Dirty duck eggs

I use a light layer of pine shavings that the poop is sprayed out daily and the ducks don't seam to be creating any nest with them.

We had 4 eggs today so someone else may be starting to lay. All healthy yet poopy looking.
Do you have nest boxes on the floor along a wall? Sometimes they help. Just like cublicals built from plywood

I use a light layer of pine shavings that the poop is sprayed out daily and the ducks don't seam to be creating any nest with them.

We had 4 eggs today so someone else may be starting to lay. All healthy yet poopy looking.

Hmm. I use a really thick layer of straw. 4 times higher then an egg. They hide their eggs in it, (whén they use their coop for laying), neatly cover them with straw; so less poop. It can be usefull maybe if they have materials that they can cover their eggs with? (outloud thinking).

I agree with Lynxfire... if you gave them a deeper bedding, they will likely make a nest. Ours immediately made a nest once we switched from shavings to a deep straw bedding. It’s a community nest and they’re never as clean as the chicken eggs, but it made a big difference. Of course, everything is muddier in spring.

Mine makes nest(indention) in their shavings it’s deep lay their egg then cover . This is my Muscovy’s my Runners and Buffs lay their eggs right on top of the shavings.

Back
Top Bottom