Disappointed in Hatching eggs I bought, should I or shouldn't I

If I was offered replacement, I would definitely accept it. The breeder advertises on her website and Craigslist for rare hatching eggs. When I purchased the eggs, I was hoping to hatch 10 of the 25 eggs. I ordered three different breeds but she gave me extras of another breed. The extra breed is doing well but the breeds I actually wanted are not doing well. Only 4 eggs out of 22 are developing and I would like to try again if the option is offered. I'm nervous emailing her and trying to figure out the nicest way to say I'm disappointed in the eggs.
Hi, my name is such and such. I recently bought eggs _____ from you and have very little development which is very discouraging. I have bought from you in the past and been satisfied. When I candled my eggs at day (whatever) only____ out of _____ showed any signs of life. And the shells appeared a bit porous. Some appear to possibly not be fertile. I hesitate to make contact but I am writing this as a courtesy because as a breeder, I would want to know if my clients were feeling a little off. I was curious if you had verified fertility this season already and how? I am not making any accusations or mean to be ugly. I was hoping you might be willing to replace some of the eggs, as I have had many successful hatches even with shipped eggs and I was really looking forward to some of these breeds especially from local folk. The extra breed you gave has X# developing, but that's not what attracted me to your ad. I realize there are no guarantees and I hope you can tell I'm not just trying to scam you out of more eggs.

Thanks for your consideration,
________

Maybe helpful?
idunno.gif
fl.gif

Most they can do is say no... and then you would move on and maybe not go back there.
old.gif

But they might say.. thank you for letting us know, our quality is important to us!

Yes, I practice conversations and think of every possible outcome.
tongue.png
hide.gif

Hi, my name is such and such. I recently bought eggs _____ from you and have very little development which is very discouraging. I have bought from you in the past and been satisfied. When I candled my eggs at day (whatever) only____ out of _____ showed any signs of life. And the shells appeared a bit porous. Some appear to possibly not be fertile. I hesitate to make contact but I am writing this as a courtesy because as a breeder, I would want to know if my clients were feeling a little off. I was curious if you had verified fertility this season already and how? I am not making any accusations or mean to be ugly. I was hoping you might be willing to replace some of the eggs, as I have had many successful hatches even with shipped eggs and I was really looking forward to some of these breeds especially from local folk. The extra breed you gave has X# developing, but that's not what attracted me to your ad. I realize there are no guarantees and I hope you can tell I'm not just trying to scam you out of more eggs.

Thanks for your consideration,
________

Maybe helpful?
idunno.gif
fl.gif

Most they can do is say no... and then you would move on and maybe not go back there.
old.gif

But they might say.. thank you for letting us know, our quality is important to us!

Yes, I practice conversations and think of every possible outcome.
tongue.png
hide.gif
You're amazing. Thank you!

You're amazing. Thank you!
Meh, just a quick thought..... or 15!
smile.png

Glad to help... I still haven't emailed my breeder to let her know her Ameraucana didn't conform in color, and 2 Salmon Faverolles had bent toes, and the "olive Egger" lays darker brown eggs than the French Black Copper Marans!
hide.gif

Much easier to think about someone else's issues than your own.
barnie.gif
smile.png

Meh, just a quick thought..... or 15!
smile.png

Glad to help... I still haven't emailed my breeder to let her know her Ameraucana didn't conform in color, and 2 Salmon Faverolles had bent toes, and the "olive Egger" lays darker brown eggs than the French Black Copper Marans!
hide.gif

Much easier to think about someone else's issues than your own.
barnie.gif
smile.png
I thought I would give you an update. I emailed her last night and she wrote back this morning. This is what she wrote, " I actually just gave them a fluffy butt feather trim which helps with fertility. I’m happy to get you some additional eggs." I'm so glad I used your script and I will hopefully get some chicks out of the next batch. I'm going to ask if I can pick them up once my incubator is clear. I don't want to stop in the middle of incubation. Thanks again for all the advice.

I thought I would give you an update.  I emailed her last night and she wrote back this morning.   This is what she wrote, " I actually just gave them a fluffy butt feather trim which helps with fertility. I’m happy to get you some additional eggs."  I'm so glad I used your script and I will hopefully get some chicks out of the next batch.  I'm going to ask if I can pick them up once my incubator is clear.  I don't want to stop in the middle of incubation.  Thanks again for all the advice.  

That's great!

I thought I would give you an update. I emailed her last night and she wrote back this morning. This is what she wrote, " I actually just gave them a fluffy butt feather trim which helps with fertility. I’m happy to get you some additional eggs." I'm so glad I used your script and I will hopefully get some chicks out of the next batch. I'm going to ask if I can pick them up once my incubator is clear. I don't want to stop in the middle of incubation. Thanks again for all the advice.
Oh good, glad to hear it.
highfive.gif

I would want to wait to have them replaced until the bator was empty as well.

Hmmm... So she didn't respond about how or if she checked fertility. But she must know there is some issue before you made contact, otherwise why even consider trimming? All my girls are fluffy and I still got high fertility.
hu.gif
I mean I know it can make a difference and I would trim if I had issues as a starting place since I know my nutrition and age of my flock are good.

Glad she was willing to get you some more eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Oh good, glad to hear it. :highfive:

I would want to wait to have them replaced until the bator was empty as well.

Hmmm... So she didn't respond about how or if she checked fertility. But she must know there is some issue before you made contact, otherwise why even consider trimming? All my girls are fluffy and I still got high fertility. :confused:  I mean I know it can make a difference and I would trim if I had issues as a starting place since I know my nutrition and age of my flock are good.

Glad she was willing to get you some more eggs! :thumbsup

I'm having sucky fertility right now with my silkies. I'm hoping it's the lingering cold, but I'm getting ready to trim me some butts! Lol

Back
Top Bottom