Disbudding Is this good or do I need to redo it

ronzxcvb

Songster
May 6, 2017
Chester South Carolina
This was our first time and my wife was crying so bad she couldn't see or hold the kid steady
Was a lot easier on the goat then us
but does this look good or do I need to redo it
008.jpg 015.jpg 020.jpg 024.jpg 026.jpg

Hi, I have never disbudded a goat but I have read about it as I'm hoping to get goats in the near future. So I'm definitely not an expert, but I will say that this looks exactly like the pictures in the goat book: perfect.

I was worried about that little tab of skin that goes towards the horn bud on the left side
Would hate to have to deal with scurs
My wife was doing so bad when I didn't get the cap to pop completely off I pulled it off with my hand
It did not seem to bother the kid much
Gave her a bottle when finished and she acted totally normal like nothing happened
She must know I'm typing about her she just jumped in my lap :)

Leave it as it is for now. It may be OK. If there is ANY sign of any regrowth of horn, redo it at once. Don't wait. I suggest you recruit someone else to help you though. It is hard enough to deal with a squirming kid without having to contend with a squeamish helper too. I assume you gave the kid a tetanus shot before dehorning. If not, do so at once.

Leave it as it is for now. It may be OK. If there is ANY sign of any regrowth of horn, redo it at once. Don't wait. I suggest you recruit someone else to help you though. It is hard enough to deal with a squirming kid without having to contend with a squeamish helper too. I assume you gave the kid a tetanus shot before dehorning. If not, do so at once.
Thanks I feel like a chuckle head
We went to pick some up on Saturday along with something with lidocaine in it different nipples etc
Couldn't find anything with lidocaine in it and totally forgot about the tetanus antitoxin
Gave her it and going to give her the CD&T on Saturday

What breed is she? Looks like a Nigerian Dwarf to me, could be wrong.
Just curious :)

Back
Top Bottom