Discolored quail egg

Coturnix cukoo

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2020
Hello
I have 8 Coturnix quail. They are 2months old. They were all laying normal healthy eggs until a week ago, when one started coming out rough with discoloration and a soft shell (it’s always cracked/ broken). I’ve read that this can indicate calcium deficiency. What’s the best way to supplement with calcium? And since it’s just the one hen having problems should I offer to the others as well? 43D0C6A5-6B96-47A5-8898-578E3A594365.jpeg 103FDE68-1894-4014-A07C-3D77850D49B7.jpeg
Any other thoughts ?
Thanks in advance

I was going to say that looked like not enough calcium. I provide a dish on the side filled with oyster shell crushed to quail sized pieces or crushed egg shell.

Thank you! Do the oyster shell and egg shell need to be powder or just small sized chips?

I was going to say that looked like not enough calcium. I provide a dish on the side filled with oyster shell crushed to quail sized pieces or crushed egg shell.

Back
Top Bottom