discolored testicle in heritage mix... cause?

:lau

Maybe being fat has something to do with it?
:idunno
they were just as fat the last 2 yrs and this spring.. and nothing was weird
Just worried some disease
and how do I know which one to keep as a breeder???
Not like cow or pig that you can see at a glance something looks wrong :gig

they were just as fat the last 2 yrs and this spring.. and nothing was weird
Just worried some disease
and how do I know which one to keep as a breeder???
Not like cow or pig that you can see at a glance something looks wrong :gig
Good luck choosing. I am no help. I wonder if the ones that look like this work. Can you keep a few?

Good luck choosing. I am no help. I wonder if the ones that look like this work. Can you keep a few?
LOL I tend to keep too many roos as it is...I went into winter last year with 4 roos and 2 cockerels...and 7 that hatched thanksgiving.. for 30+hens and pullets

but now i want to keep them all... at least 12 cockerels left... and then what would I eat :lau

Any interest in contacting a local university or somesuch and seeing if they'll run some tests on the funky chicken testicles? Their vet or biology students may have use and you could potentially get some info for the mere price of some diseased chicken nuts.

I'm hoping to get a microscope and some other equipment soon myself so I can investigate these sorts of things from home.

Definitely interesting. I don't think I've ever seen any come out green or striped before!

Here's a crazy hair-brained idea ... what if you stated to do a vasectomy, like making a capon, but just open them up and have a look-see ... ???

I'm not sure with them being older than the cockrells that are scheduled for caponizing would be detrimental in far as healing, or need for knocking them out first for the surgery ... ??? :idunno

Any interest in contacting a local university or somesuch and seeing if they'll run some tests on the funky chicken testicles? Their vet or biology students may have use and you could potentially get some info for the mere price of some diseased chicken nuts.

I'm hoping to get a microscope and some other equipment soon myself so I can investigate these sorts of things from home.

Definitely interesting. I don't think I've ever seen any come out green or striped before!

The College I retired from has a vet tech program... I will contact them Monday. .. or send them an email
Get the microscope soon.. I have one but it's hard to see with old eyes :old

The U of I has to have a vet send in the samples.

Here's a crazy hair-brained idea ... what if you stated to do a vasectomy, like making a capon, but just open them up and have a look-see ... ???

I'm not sure with them being older than the cockrells that are scheduled for caponizing would be detrimental in far as healing, or need for knocking them out first for the surgery ... ??? :idunno

If I had someone to hold them I might think about it.. had a hard enough time grabbing them from the coop to move to the bachelor pad. :he

Back
Top Bottom