1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discount Home Automation automatic door

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lb2duncan, Oct 10, 2010.

1. lb2duncan

lb2duncan Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2009
    Montana
    Has anyone installed this in their coop? I just got mine in the mail but haven't installed it yet. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or pointers before I get started. I have a digital timer that I will plug it into.

thanks

2. animalover

animalover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA
    What kind is it? Do you have a picture?

3. SportChick

SportChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Louisiana
    I have an automatic door that opens and closes with the daylight and I love it because I like to sleep late!![​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I love my automatic door, too. It was not a discount model at all, but worth every penny. I just wish I didn't have to get up before the danged chickens this time of year to go to work! NOT FAIR!

5. Green_Eggs_and_Ham

Green_Eggs_and_Ham Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Quote:Yep, that's where we got ours! LOOOOVE IT. Had to email them to make sure they had it in stock. No phone number as I recall. But good peeps.

My hubby installed it in NO TIME flat. I was really impressed. We had a door already (a piece of scrap metal). He screwed in the side rails and hooked it up. Works like a charm. Never had an issue with it. We got a timer at Lowes. You can also hook it up to a battery. Check the manual.

I highly recommend the motor and the store.

E/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by