Discussion of Legbar Standard of Perfection for -Alternative- Legbars - SOP discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just looked at this thread and I would have said that she has 3 boys! I wish she would post a picture of the back so we can see the dark brown stripe and how distinct it is over the rump--until I see that, I'm afraid they are Schrodinger's chicks to me.

I agree, I thought they looked more like 3 blondish boys. I don't see the distinct chipmunk marking on them and even the eyeliner seems "dull" Im glad you asked for the pics of the backs that might help get a better idea.
I would very careful introducing chicks with such light colored down in a breeding program. In my opinion, if breeders start keeping chicks like this for breeding stock, auto sexing will fly right out of the window!!!!
I think I agree with this, though I have no experience as of yet with females coming out light in color. Those are Rees line chicks so maybe that is considered the "norm' in that line, who knows, they are so new to us.

I think for me personally at least what is my current thought that I wouldn't breed forward females that were that color as chicks because I agree with your though that they don't look fully distinguishable from the males chicks. I will have a better idea soon about Rees line chicks when I hatch my first Rees line batch of eggs, I plan to set eggs from them next month.

I would very careful introducing chicks with such light colored down in a breeding program. In my opinion, if breeders start keeping chicks like this for breeding stock, auto sexing will fly right out of the window!!!!
Thanks enola!

Everyone with Cream Legbars -- please don't loose sight of the fact that Autosexing is the most important attribute of Cream Legbars.....
old.gif

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the information in this thread. I'm getting ready to set my first CL eggs and this thread has been a great help.
wee.gif

So excited for you -- hope you have a good hatch. Don't forget to let us know how it goes.

consider joining the Cream Legbar Club - www.creamlegbarclub.com -- to get newsletters and the latest information -- There are quite a few other CL threads on BYC -- and we LOVE to see pictures of chickens and chicks. Good luck
fl.gif

wee.gif

So excited for you -- hope you have a good hatch. Don't forget to let us know how it goes.

consider joining the Cream Legbar Club - www.creamlegbarclub.com -- to get newsletters and the latest information -- There are quite a few other CL threads on BYC -- and we LOVE to see pictures of chickens and chicks. Good luck
fl.gif
Thanks! I'm sure I will have lots of questions. I really hope to get decent starter flock but if not the experience will still be helpful. I'll post lots of pics, it helps me so much to have people point out the pros and cons.
frow.gif

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the information in this thread. I'm getting ready to set my first CL eggs and this thread has been a great help.

Welcome! I hope you get a great hatch rate from your eggs. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask on any of the many CL threads here on BYC we love questions also don't forget to post loads of pics. I feel like Im repeating @ChicKat lol so X2 on what she said
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Welcome! I hope you get a great hatch rate from your eggs. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask on any of the many CL threads here on BYC we love questions also don't forget to post loads of pics. I feel like Im repeating @ChicKat lol so X2 on what she said
big_smile.png
Thank you, I'm sure I'll be posting lots of pics so you guys can tell me what I'm looking at. lol. Now too the task of culling for room. I have a hard time with "You can't keep them all!" That's what DH keeps telling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom