Diseases in my flock?

indoor will post out door later also these chicks are in my room...
IMG_20210421_132646.jpg

Just a hint, but if I was you, I'd empty a big place in a room in the house, line it with cardboard boxes or other things that can stop chicks from walk away too much, put the bedding and then put there heat lamp, the feeder and the waterer. This until you build a very big brooder for them.
These are lots of chicks and I think that's way better to have a dirty room for some days than losing the chicks.

Just a hint, but if I was you, I'd empty a big place in a room in the house, line it with cardboard boxes or other things that can stop chicks from walk away too much, put the bedding and then put there heat lamp, the feeder and the waterer. This until you build a very big brooder for them.
These are lots of chicks and I think that's way better to have a dirty room for some days than losing the chicks.
man, thats a good idea if i could i would let them run around my room

43 chicks in an 1x3?!😦
That's the space for 6 chicks (and just for the first 2-3 weeks)
They need something like 7 times bigger (like 7x3 or better if a bit bigger like 6x4). If they'll stay for more time in the brooder they'll need something like 40-45 sqft, so like a 6x7 or 5x8.
In that box I don't even know how they can walk without trampling the others and how they can reach food and water.
I feel so bad for these chicks
My 3 chicks live in a 1.20 x 1.20 dog-pen brooder. They use up EVERY INCH of the space... Can't imagine 43 chicks in such a space!

If you could find a giant tarp, blanket, a large field of paper towels, or some other sort of lining, you could put it under the circle of bedding to make clean up easier?

Back
Top Bottom