Disfigured female ducks at the park... : (

Wow.... that's a lot of domestic ducks in the pictures on Google maps there... its actually only about an hour from where I am. Seeing the swans make me think maybe the city bought the ducks and put them there too? The domestic ducks there look to be in a little bit worse shape than the ones at my local park. There sure are a lot of them there I might check it out eventually.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210329-214244_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-214244_Maps.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 21
Wow.... that's a lot of domestic ducks in the pictures on Google maps there... its actually only about an hour from where I am. Seeing the swans make me think maybe the city bought the ducks and put them there too? The domestic ducks there look to be in a little bit worse shape than the ones at my local park. There sure are a lot of them there I might check it out eventually.
I don't think the city puts them there. They did purchase the swans, because the mayor LOVES swans. There's probably about 30 swans there total, plus babies. The ducks are very frequently dumped there. There's a few articles about it in the news. People also dump parrots and other birds there as well. It's really ashame. I wish they'd put up cameras or something.

Swans are extremely expensive I doubt anyone would dump one. I bet they out a few ducks there and than everyone saw them and wanted to dump their ducks there.. It's breeding season so unfortunately there's going to be quite a few hurt females.

There’s a local pond near me with a similar situation. Dumped ducks, wild ducks, and ducks that were brought there on purpose (it’s a cemetery I assume it was to make it some sort of peaceful place to visit)

Anyway, no one actually cares for the ducks and once when I was visiting I found this gal with a badly messed up/possibly broken wing. You can see it just sticks up, and it’s not just the feathers, her whole wing looked horrible and bloody.
770DE8C7-D311-4D64-A1BD-5F87EF790A49.jpeg

There’s a local pond near me with a similar situation. Dumped ducks, wild ducks, and ducks that were brought there on purpose (it’s a cemetery I assume it was to make it some sort of peaceful place to visit)

Anyway, no one actually cares for the ducks and once when I was visiting I found this gal with a badly messed up/possibly broken wing. You can see it just sticks up, and it’s not just the feathers, her whole wing looked horrible and bloody. View attachment 2591623
The things floating in the water is just the mealworms I brought them

That's awesome! Congrats to you! It would be so nice if they would let people adopt the domestic ones, they aren't meant to live in the wild. Please keep us updated.
I agree. I would have taken those 2 injured ones in a heartbeat. I do hope they can catch them and get them on the road to a speedy recovery! It would be wonderful if they could adopt all the domestic breeds out.

Anyway, no one actually cares for the ducks and once when I was visiting I found this gal with a badly messed up/possibly broken wing. You can see it just sticks up, and it’s not just the feathers, her whole wing looked horrible and bloody. View attachment 2591623
Got room to adopt some? :)

Back
Top Bottom