Disfigured female ducks at the park... : (

I agree. I would have taken those 2 injured ones in a heartbeat. I do hope they can catch them and get them on the road to a speedy recovery! It would be wonderful if they could adopt all the domestic breeds out.
Sure wouldn't hurt to offer. Maybe explain why domestic ducks don't do well in a park situation because they can't fly and avoid predators. They need care since domestics aren't usually taught to fend for themselves like wild ducklings are by their mothers. You know. Alot of people don't have any idea. Just like dumping any animal they either think they can make it on their own or the just want to be rid of it and don't care.

Sure wouldn't hurt to offer. Maybe explain why domestic ducks don't do well in a park situation because they can't fly and avoid predators. They need care since domestics aren't usually taught to fend for themselves like wild ducklings are by their mothers. You know. Alot of people don't have any idea. Just like dumping any animal they either think they can make it on their own or the just want to be rid of it and don't care.
I did offer in my original email :). I think he wants professionals to go out there first to assess everything. I let him know I'm available to help if they need me.

Another update: I was contacted this morning by the park/lakes Wildlife caretaker. Here's what he emailed me (with names and information blocked out). It's unfortunate but hopefully they can find them soon!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-173947~2.png
    Screenshot_20210331-173947~2.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 26
:/ yeah it is very unlikely those domestic ducks ever go anywhere else.... it sounds like he might be confused you might want to send another email clarifying that these are flightless domestic ducks, maybe attach a picture of the specific ducks you are talking about. Make sure you stress the fact they are domestic and not wild animals.

Back
Top Bottom