Disgusting...I went out to give away treats and

I wish mine would eat the mice that run around in their coop, but when I go in to check on them at night I often hear mice scurrying around and they don't even twitch a feather. *sigh*

Harley's girl :

Any time I find a nest of mice I feed them to my girls! They LOVE them. They will not eat a full grown mouse but they have eaten baby mice that had fur.

Mine love rodents, adult or baby. A few weeks ago I found a wood rat nest that had 5 pups in it. I tossed them into the birds and it was a free-for-all! You have to remember, chickens are omnivores, and soy-based protein just plain gets old!!!

Richard​

I reallydo believe they are small vilociraptors. Mine will eat anything they catch. I've seen them eat sparrows, lizards, toads, anything. I just hope I never have a heart attack in the yard. I can see it now..Horrible way to go. LOL

Quote:
Funny you should say that....I have told my dh that if someone wanted to get rid of a body they should put some knicks in the skin and put it in with a bunch of chooks. My goodness, they scare me if I have a chiggar bite and go into their pen!!
ep.gif
I apologize for the grim picture I made in your minds
sickbyc.gif

Ozark hen wrote: Funny you should say that....I have told my dh that if someone wanted to get rid of a body they should put some knicks in the skin and put it in with a bunch of chooks. My goodness, they scare me if I have a chiggar bite and go into their pen!! I apologize for the grim picture I made in your minds

Thanx a lot:

TheChooks.jpg

Harley, did you just say your chickens eat dead baby chicks? I have never heard of that.
ep.gif

There is a ground squirrel that lives under our main coop. The Turken pen is right next to it, so the squirrel goes in there. The Turkens just stare at him. I'm always like "KILL HIM! HE IS THE ENEMY! HE IS FOOD!" but they never listen
roll.png

Oh and I forgot to add, my friend's Chinese grandpa makes wine from baby mice. He says it's best before they have any fur.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom