Disney junkies I need input... were back!!!!

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Funny I was thinking about how I was going to post this and then this morning I see the thread about the disney cruise.. (oh how I want to go on one of those)

But anyway we are leaving for disney world tomorrow we will be going to either animal kingdom or hollywood studios.. I have not been to either and need input if anyone has gone...

Thanks..

Last edited:
bring money lots of money . Bring water bottles and refill them at the fountains for free. oh and dont get run over by the snowbirds in their scooters.

Last edited:
Since it would appear judging by your signature that you really enjoy animals I would sugget Animal Kingdom. Unless you have some movie buffs in your family.
Whatever you do don't miss Epcot.
Enjoy your trip!
smile.png

Animal kingdom. Lots and lots of money. Water bottles you can fill. Hand wippies and sanitizer. Check your weather daily. In Florida, afternoon pop-up thundershowers are common. Must dos, the animal safari, mornings are best, and if you don't have real little kids, the jurrasic park ride thingy. and the everest expidition.

We go ever year! Animal kingdom is a lot of fun. We love the tower of terror but you would pee your pants on that ride! My fave ride is the haunted mansion

Animal Kingdom is way more fun than Hollywood Studios. There is more to see and do, and the shows and rides are great (especially the coaster). It's not a typical zoo by any means. The theming is outstanding. I suggest getting to the park early so you can see the daily park-opening show with the characters, then heading straight for the coaster. You may have time to ride it twice before the lines get long.

I went to Disney World by myself in March while my husband was on a business trip in Orlando (we made it our vacation since his airfare and the hotel at Disney were paid for by his company), and I won a "Year of a Million Dreams" Dream Fastpass for that park. It was a blast.

I suggest getting a Disney guidebook to help you plan your day. I'll look around and see if I can find the one I bought. It was worth it for the reviews -- what is a waste of time, what is better for adults or kids, which food places are the best for your money.

Last edited:
We go every year too and I’d have to say Animal Kingdom—definitely! I’m not sure what “package” you purchased but to be honest with you when we go we get the park hooper and the meal plan and literally don’t spend a dime while we’re there. Seriously, last year we spent around $20 because my kids got their faces painted—at Animal Kingdom—they are allow to buy a $10-20 souvenir and the face painting is what they chose. Of course we do the little things so we don't have to spend any money when we get there like, take our water bottles and refilled them, take a few snacks ( but the meal plan really covered all that), bring our own camera so we don't have to pay for pictures...etc

Have fun! Say hi to Tink!
wink.png

make sure you get 'fastpass' tickets so you don't have to stand in long lines. It tells you what time to return, and you get in through a separate line, usually right to the front, bypassing any other line. Have a great time
smile.png

Disney World! I could draw you a map of the park from memory. We have only went to Animal Kingdom near when it was opened. We didn't really like it but since we haven't been there in so long it may have changed. I rather go to Hollywood studios.

Also when you get fast passes pay attention to them. Sometimes when you get on a popular ride the Ticket may have a time way out there. Towards the bottom there is a Get another fast pass by this time..... Pay close attention to that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom