Disney's Beverly Hills Chihuahua

glowworm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
SacraTomato, CA
I heard about this movie several months ago. And then I saw the trailer for the movie last week when I went to see Wall-e. If you haven't see the trailer, google to find it. Or go here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/beverlyhillschihuahua/index.html

Yeah, it's already happened to chihuahua's when Taco Bell had their Yo Quero Taco Bell mascot. But now children will be targeted, and thus wanting one of the worst breeds for kids. They have unsuitable temperaments and do not make good teddy bears for young children because they are so fragile.

I have a feeling this will be worse than the 101 dalmations deal. More parents might give in because the idea of manging a small dog might seem easier.

SOOO not looking forward to the boom of badly bred chihuahuas and dealing with smushed dogs due to a kid using it as a toy. I wish Disney would put warnings in their movies!!!!! Or maybe not make movies like this at all!
he.gif

Quote:
You wouldn't believe the amount of chihuahua puppies for sale on PA craigslists. I've seen dozens already... My BIL has them and they are NASTY. His dog Charlie's bit multiple kids
roll.png
and it has horrible seizures to boot.

I don't know... could it get too much worse than it did when the Taco Bell commercials came out? I don;t think you can blame the companies... they're doing what they do best... advertising. Now, if they were the ones selling the dogs, well, that would be another thing all together..... it's the people and the breeders you have to hold responsible... they are the ones that say "Oh sure honey... mommy will run to the doggie store tomorrow and get you that puppy just like in the movie!" and the breeders who adhere to NO morel or ethics code when breeding these dogs for MASS sales
sad.png

:: sigh ::

I've had chihuahua's in my life since birth and believe me sometimes those little things are vicious. We had one bite the neighbor and the police came and picked him up and took him to the police station for a 10 day rabies hold but the dog kept walking through the bars. That was before our town had dog incarceration pens. I have presently have 2 now and I wouldn't trust them around kids they don't know.

our chihuahuas have wonderful temperments.One has never met a stranger!They all love kids.The big one is 8 pounds (dash-chi cross- not so good with grown ups),the tiny one is slow to warm up-but hides tilll comfortable.He was a breeder froma puppy mill -we adopted all 3 from shelters. THey sleep with eihter us or oen of the kids every night.

I have a little dachshund/chihuahua mix that's a year old and she's as sweet as can be.. Will bark at people that come in the house or any noises outside, but once she warms up to you, she'll just lick you to death.. Smartest dog I've ever had and only one I've had that I was able to house break.. (I don't know how I always ended up with dogs with horrible toilet manners..) She plays fetch and sleeps with me under my blanket.. Loves the kids, loves the cats, loves other dogs.. Would I breed her? Never.. I'm very pro spaying and will be doing so just as soon as I have the money..

That being said, I would never suggest a chihuahua as a pet for a child.. They can be very nervous and uptight dogs.. I used to be a groomer and I've met some of the worst ones.. I'd expect to get bit by a chihuahua before any of the bigger dogs that people are so afraid of.. Pitbulls, mastiffs, rottweilers, etc.. Babies compared to an angry chihuahua that didn't want his nails trimmed..

Oh and Cluckychick, that's hysterical, the thought of the little chihuahua just walking out the bars at the police station.. I can imagine the smug little look on his face.. "You can't hold me, coppas!"

Last edited:
I came across a study a few weeks back about the top ten most aggressive dog breeds . . . Chihuahua's were number 2 behind daschunds.

My old Great Dane tried to eat one once, she and my lab/husky as a puppy used to hunt rabbits together and I think she thought it was a skinny rabbit! I chased her away before she could hurt it, but she had the thing in her mouth!

Glowworm, did you ever find that list?

I've been bitten by chihuahuas multiple times. Mostly because they didn't show fear or aggression as a warning like most dogs...except rotts and chows which are known for looking happy before they bite. Also, people understand why you have to be careful with their big guard breed dog, because if they do turn aggressive they can do major damage. However, if you treat their cutesy toy breed dog with a sense of caution, some people will actually get mad!!

The most ironic thing is all the chihuahuas that nailed me or others I worked with were named "Angel" "Cupcake" " Princess" etc. Hmmm...is that a hint the dog is mean because its spoiled rotten and gets away with murder!?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom