Disorientation when waking?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Mar 19, 2009.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    I'm gonna echo englishchick when baby naps you nap. And I'll add don't worry about having the house spik and span. You need to get your rest. I remember years ago a couple of times that the store would call me at 4am to ask me to fill in on a 7am shift, I'd say yes, hand up the phone, wake up at 7:30 to another call asking me where I was. I had no recollection of the first call.

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Songster

Jul 15, 2008
    Ohio
    I've had the same sleep disorder as long as I can remember.

I usually see windchimes on the ceiling by the door for a minute or two. Now I just look at them and think there they are again until they disappear. What is interesting about the windchimes is that I read recently in an article about Feng Shui that windchimes are placed in a doorway when a room's furniture is placed badly to counter the negative influence. I about fell off my chair when I read that!

If you find out what causes this please post a follow up, I'd be interested in learning what the doctor thinks it is. I thought I heard that it was a very mild case of narcolepsy. I used to get the sleep paralysis years ago, but no longer. I consider my experiences entertaining.

ETA spelling

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  3. key west chick

key west chick Songster

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Not to high jack this thread, but I also have sleep paralysis. I'm so glad someone on here does too. It can be very scary at first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: