Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] and welcome all the new ppl :)

2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Close up of tail. Boggy bottom bantams pictures.

3. Amberjem

4. Amberjem

hmmm ok I think I need to go scrub up and check my shipped eggs and set them in the bator..........[​IMG]

5. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Kinda. They say they are in it for preserving breeds. They don't breed to SOP I don't think, but do cull defective birds. They only hatch what they have orders for so wait time usually. Straight run only. They don't overhatch, and get rid of extras with bargain deals. Say their no kill. (No chickie blender)
    They have many rare breeds you don't see anywhere else. They also have a seed catalog of rare heritage seeds. I think they have over 100 varieties of corn. You have to request a catalog, mail order only. They do have a website but it's only to see varieties and availability. I ordered the catalog by email request.

6. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Love the Lavs... I don't use medicated feed, just treat them with Corid if they need it... It's personal choice is all, I prefer no meds unless needed...

I've hatched Marans too... not easy, but yes, better hatch rate with either dry hatch or at least low humidity til lockdow...

7. Amberjem

8. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    @Amberjem Dixie is huge!!! lol...

@minihorse927 nice fly tie... too much special care for me, lol...

9. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I don't do medicated either as it's toxic to ducklings. I won't keep it around for that reason in case I have to have someone feed the babies, they can't screw it up.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  10. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    Anybody know how to do a good PIP dance to get this egg zipping? Six hours of watching paint dry. I have to remind myself, count down on 'bater says "day 1" till tomorrow at the exact time it would be 24 hours since the pip. I have a feeling he's gonna be slow to progress from "early pip" to right on time hatch. (keep telling myself that). Little critter is probably just asorbing and [​IMG]digesting his birthday egg breakfast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by