Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

At least you didn't find it with your foot!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

@Beer can that's the stuff of nightmares.

@vehve good job on the rabbit run.
    Glad flappy is doing good

@Amberjem :woot pretty egg.

4. bamachicks8

Do you make pepper sauce?

Awe do you want a hen or roo?
    I have to email pictures to Photobucket then copy the URL from there.

I'll be glad when summer gets here to I have chicks that will soon be ready to go outside.

5. JulesChicks

JulesChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, I have so many that I want to respond to but I think it would take all day! Don't know why I am not getting all the posts in my email - I'll get a bunch, then it's quiet and I wonder what's going on here, then I sign in and I'm 250 posts behind! [​IMG] So, I will say, welcome to the thread @jldward !!! Sounds like you have a lovely farm! Love the beautiful svart hona! @minihorse927 (I hope I remembered that right :)

@RavynFallen Cracking up on Jim's "resistance" [​IMG] We went to the feed store yesterday and my son desperately wanted to bring home a couple of black sexlinks they had there (all that was left from that batch). I explained that we aren't ready yet and are already on the waiting list for some other breeds.

So, that brings me to a question for all of you adding to your flock with hatching eggs or new chicks - do you keep adding coops, do you have a gigantic coop? How do you manage this? I'm sure it's different for everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to manage chicks from a couple different breeders and even one of the breeders may have 2 breeds space apart by a few weeks - so I may be looking at dividing a gigantic box (thank to our business we have some of these) or setting up multiple brooders. We have a friend that I think will help me build a coop, DH may be able to help on the weekends but he is really busy with work. He worked all day yesterday and is now "gone fishing" for a few days. Then he'll play catch up at work and the whole thing starts again.

Anyhow, it's a lovely day here...bought some flowers for my daughter to plant, some for us and some for my mom. She had to put down her 9 year old shih tzu on Friday after a lost battle with Cushing's. I thought a little planter with some daffodils, hyacinths and primroses would be nice for her. The bulbs coming up again next year will be a sweet reminder of her friend. At least he is not in any discomfort any more.

Have a great day everyone! I'll try to get caught up when I can...[​IMG]

6. bamachicks8

Awe thanks lol :lau

7. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

what feed store?

8. Amberjem

[​IMG]
    man if the colored egg is a first egg it's almost as big as violets eggs wonder how big they will get!!

9. Amberjem

when does a pullet start laying regular size eggs? is it different for each bird or?

10. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I planted some of each of those today and last night... Plus some other peps, a bunch of toms, tomatillos and ground cherries... And a salad bin...
    Awesome not sure where the quote went... I started with a chicken tractor, then a large old out house we moved from a friends farms, now the outhouse ( redone for chickens ) and a temporary coop I slapped together, this spring I'm having one big one built and I'm sure I'll still have a use for the original... The temp coop I may or may not take down... Not sure, the tractor I still use for various things...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by