Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Sweet! Thanx! :)

2. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    I just punched myself in the face while reading the last 3 pages

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Lockdown day 18 is a stupid byc myth
    I never take my auto turner out before the END of day 19.
    I have yet to see a broody hen lock anything down.
    Never had a chick hatch before day 20.
    Do what works for your climate and humidity.
    Dont believe the hype

1 person likes this.
  4. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

what about hyper fantastic hype??

Could I believe that?

Or the hype about hyperspace?

Or the hyperbole that philosophers philosophize about when discussing the hype on BYC?

1 person likes this.
  5. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    @ Alaskan Does the "free app" come with a user agreement? Like "I agree to let you mine my device for anything and everything we choose, and use the info any way choose, including selling the stuff we have mined to others??? (and they bury the scary stuff on the 18th page and figure they've worn you out and you've already clicked "I agree" before you figure out where all the spam and popups are coming from? I see so many things I would love to have, but I worry about apps...including the "free ones" that come on my android. I think apple products are better about it, but I don't own any. (sorry,:: steps down from soap box::, I long for the "good old days" when free was really free on the internet, and open source was something that was rich, and sharing was sharing for the fun of it.

@ Ravynfallen....My vista pro vintage puter is now hardwired into a new tv...but is so slow as to be useless for much else. It will stream Netflix for me, I don't have cable...just broadcast TV and Netflix. (at least it came with a Works word processor).

This blasted HP "new windows 8.1" is such a disappointment, frustration, horrible thing in my opinion, basically it is a vehicle to "sell me apps" if I want it to function like any older computer I have ever purchased. WAIT for Windows 10....it will be out soon, wait wait wait...if you are going to go Microsoft and not Apple, it will be worth the wait. (I hear on good authority it is supposed to be much more like Windows 7 than 8 or 8.1)

My helper and his entire family came and got the "red pullets" and had a nice visit. Good Times.

"Wintery Mix" predicted overnight...couple of inches.

Wood Stove Cranked.

Good evening to each here.

6. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    @Mahen100 I gave up on Windows when they came out with Vista... My fave was WindowsXP, went back to it and used it til my laptop finally breathed its last breath... I miss the things that were made to last, instead of made to make money cuz they always have to be replaced or 'upgraded'...

Had a batch of chicks due tomorrow, yesterday was day 18... was getting the hatcher's humidity up and ready and walked by the bator and heard loud cheeping... half the chicks had already pipped externally... transferred them quick and 25 chicks popped out today, nice and pretty as you please, lol...

7. JulesChicks

JulesChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Early birds, eh? Congratulations! What did you hatch out? I'll check in tomorrow to see, off to bed now...Goodnight..

8. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Good night ! @JulesChicks
    Good morning ! @vehve Checked on the rabbits this morning. So glad I brought them in the house. May not say the same next week! I assumed the doe would sit on her nest much like a broody hen will. Nope. Seems like she figured she ripped her fur out & that's all you get. She sits next to the nest box, but not touching the babies.

8 more days at my current employer! [​IMG]

It's 2:30am here and DH's hunting dog is barking her head off. I went out there once, but don't see anything. Chickens are not freaking out[​IMG] I have no idea. She never barks though, so very odd.

I am SO SICK of winter! Poor chickens. Water freezes right after I get them new. [​IMG] Next year's goal, buy heated waterers.

Got my borrowed incubator last night.[​IMG] The lady that we bought our original 6 from lets me borrow her incubator. She no longer keeps chickens, or ducks, or turkeys. I keep asking her to sell it to me.....but she's not interested in selling it. It's one of those Styrofoam square type. Works for me. Well, better get ready for work. I need to find a FM roo VERY soon to breed with the FMs, EEs, and OEs. Have a good day!

Eta: blue people. Computer did not print juleschicks & vehve in blue....? Weird blue people.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  9. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

[​IMG]

EE's, PR mutts, Araucana bantams, SulmtalerxCCL, and 1 SilkiexCCL

10. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Congrats! So cute!