Dixie Chicks

Good morning everyone! It's a heat wave at 22°F! Maybe some of this white crud will melt later once the sun gets out.

My ducks are crossing their legs and a few of the chickens are too @Outpost JWB!

Drunk outside? Maybe I need a break cause I'm pretty sure I'm reading that wrong!

Some bunnies are very attentive mothers who will sit with their babies 24/7, others not so much. Usually the kits keep themselves fairly warm as long as they have enough fur, bedding, and siblings to pile up in.

Last edited:
Well, I hope our bunny is going to be of the more attentive sort, it's going to be a bit cold still when we're planning on having our first litter.

In sprouting business, the sprouts are now living on my desk. The peas have been growing nicely, but the chickens aren't particularly interested in them. In an effort to combat our molding issues, we've been soaking the grains in a mild vinegar solution at first. This seems to be combating mold excellently, but apparently it's also killing most of the grains. So I think next I'm going to try soaking them in water over night, then maybe half an hour in mild vinegar, and then rinsing properly before moving them to the tower. Or then I might just try without the vinegar. The improved ventilation and cooler temp should help with the mold issue too.

Wow kfc bucket of chicken in background. Lol
too tired to cook LOL

cute chicks! (plastic ones, and egg wigglers..)

actually though... I want the bucket of KFC

I am using the "hatchabatch" app! lets see if it works!
Aren't they?
Yeah, we had popcorn nuggets for dinner, everyone actually eats and none goes to waste (a rarity for fast food here)
Gonna check out that app

A Smart phone app that programs alerts to your calendar for when you set, candle, stop turning,should have hatch.. And what's happening in the eggs... you can take notes in there...
interesting

@Mahen100 I gave up on Windows when they came out with Vista... My fave was WindowsXP, went back to it and used it til my laptop finally breathed its last breath... I miss the things that were made to last, instead of made to make money cuz they always have to be replaced or 'upgraded'...

Had a batch of chicks due tomorrow, yesterday was day 18... was getting the hatcher's humidity up and ready and walked by the bator and heard loud cheeping... half the chicks had already pipped externally... transferred them quick and 25 chicks popped out today, nice and pretty as you please, lol...
I miss XP s much. It just worked.
Woohoo!
jumpy.gif

7 has sort of the same feel as xp had... Vista was a complete dud. The metro UI in 8.1 I really dislike, and a lot of things are missing from the desktop view. But, rumor has it 10 will be a lot better.

Steaks for dinner tonight, I've got some beautiful entrecôte thawing. Karin's dad had bought a 2 kg hunk of it for us last weekend, he found it for 9.90€/kg, and it's Finnish meat. A steal, really. I cut it up into 14 steaks and threw them in the freezer.

//snip//
Had a batch of chicks due tomorrow, yesterday was day 18... was getting the hatcher's humidity up and ready and walked by the bator and heard loud cheeping... half the chicks had already pipped externally... transferred them quick and 25 chicks popped out today, nice and pretty as you please, lol...
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif
jumpy.gif

Lockdown day 18 is a stupid byc myth
I never take my auto turner out before the END of day 19.
I have yet to see a broody hen lock anything down.
Never had a chick hatch before day 20.
Do what works for your climate and humidity.
Dont believe the hype

We have mostly the same climate so I'm gonna give this a try. Plus it's an extra day of candling.

Back
Top Bottom