Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Hopefully 10 is as good if not better.

2. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

entrecote corresponds to Ribeye here. My favorite cut of beef. If it has the ribs on it and roasted in the oven as a roast it becomes Prime Rib or Standing Rib roast. Even though its the same meat from the same part of the cow it tastes very different roasted that way.

And Yes you can do just two ribs its enough to feed four people. Done it. Roll the meat in Cracked pepper and sea salt and what ever herbs you like and roast it at 500 degrees for the first part of cooking to form the outside crust... then turn the heat down and roast x amount of minutes per pound....

serve with horse radish mixed with sou cream and au Jus.... [​IMG] Mom and I wrestle over the bones we are bone gnawers....

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/prime_rib/

deb

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The doe will build a nest from what ever bedding is available. She will then pull fur to line the nest. The kits huddling together keep one another warm. The doe will visit the nest several times a day to nurse the young. Part of this is a survival mechanism - a doe constantly at the nest might serve as an attractant to predators. I have seen crows closely watching cottontail does hoping they will lead the crows to the nests.

4. Yum, Ok @Felix, I am definitely on my way. My favorite.

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    OK this is weird - if I post on one of my subscribed threads, my post count remains static. If I post on a 'new' thread the post is recorded. Any ideas as to what is going on? [​IMG]

7. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I've had that glitch

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

The games, jokes and fun threads no longer get counted.

Here's dinner, waiting to get fried (in a grill pan, Bama).

[​IMG]

9. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    I seldom know what's going on. Yesterday, I checked every couple of hours, and there were "no new posts" in this thread. clicked in and out, refreshed, nada. Then when I signed out of BYC, and glanced back at the computer, there were two pages of posts that were from the hours I'd been checking. [​IMG] Maybe in some counter has maxed out?

edited to add: I am suddenly starving.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  10. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

probably...

I hate that stuff... (big brother sucking all of our information out) but I do not know how to combat it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by