Dixie Chicks

best Brussles sprouts ever....

Clean and split them in half

Melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a non stick skillet drizzle with a little olive oil to keep the butter from burning. Saute a little bit of fresh garlic.... OR alot... I like alot... just till you get a bit of smell.

then toss in the brusssles sprouts and arrange face down. and cook em till the face carmelizes and gets kind of brown...then flip em over and now cook the other side. Salt and pepper to taste

Squeeze half a lemon over the top and turn the heat down and cover... they will steam the rest of the way till they are as tender as you want.

When you serve them sprinkle with some shredded parmesan....
droolin.gif

I just parmesan the whole pan....

deb

that sounds so good!

if things work out with the shop and stuff we should be making a road trip back to maryland about then to get a load of stuff from the house there to bring back here to go into the shop/garage.......... boy I will be soo delighted not to hear another i have the tools in maryland lol
I didn't realize you moved to WA from Maryland. How long have you lived here? Saw post on new shop...lucky!!
sorry all language is a lil slow to come to me this morning, it's just warm enough I can go out and fiddle in the garden check the chickens an egg today again yippy!! one of my favorite things is waking up and fussing in the garden in the morning walking round the property...letting the dogs romp..saying good morning to the chickens ect......I hurt like heck today but such is life and it is a gorgeous start of the day
Beautiful sprouts...jealous. Deb took the words right out of my brain...parmesan..lots of parmesan
Hi all. my internet is screwy today. off/on all day jem - LOVE the brussels wonder if they would grow here? I roast mine w/ mushrooms, red onion and balsamic vinegar for like 20 min Yummers.
So hungry now....

Hello all. Sounds like everything has been going well. So hArd to keep up...stupid work. Lol.
Getting two new birds next Saturday, welsummers. Very excited, meeting chickenmomma16, she ordered some.

I agree Sharps. It makes for an interesting rifle though. The main reason I want to go traditional is it costs to durn much for the sabots, powder pellets, cost more to shoot than my .308. There has been a big push crossbows during bow season in NY. I'm all for letting disabled or older people who can't pull a bow back to use one, but I don't think everyone should during bow season. They did get the last two weeks of bow for crossbows this season, which ain't bad, but the last week before rifle starts is the best one, the start of the rut.
Yup, it's amazing what they get for bullets. I cast my own so it only costs electric and sweat.
I got sticker shock with 308 projectiles! I haven't had to buy 30 caliber bullets in ages.
The last powder I bought - a case - came out to $25 a pound...not bad. Some of the rifles I have go through a pound per 100 rounds.
With the way gun laws are going in NY, you'll be down to hunting with pitchforks soon!!!
I have a bad shoulder so I can't pull but a 30# bow which isn't enough horsepower to hunt with.
I have no desire to use a crossbow or bow hunt. I always thought I'd wind up tracking a wounded animal over hill and dale which you can't do here in WA.
I know I can put something down very quickly with one shot (usually :p ) out of any of my rifles. So I stick with what works for me.

@Cold Canadian post as you like follow what interests you or bring up your own topic it's all good.. ppl can keep up if they choose or just decide to jump right in with something new or join something currently going on............sometimes I have time to post and reply to ppl sometimes I just pop in do a quick update on what I have happening then get back to being busy sometimes I just wave lol

@Cold Canadian post as you like follow what interests you or bring up your own topic it's all good.. ppl can keep up if they choose or just decide to jump right in with something new or join something currently going on............sometimes I have time to post and reply to ppl sometimes I just pop in do a quick update on what I have happening then get back to being busy sometimes I just wave lol
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................drive by...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Back
Top Bottom